Update 12.10 - The return of High School Fleet

UnrepentantSinner

I've been waiting quite some time for this, the last time this event was running, i just had started the game and didn't knew these things were only available for a short time.  The HSF Harekaze is a ship i will definitely buy, but i also wanted the HSF Graf Spee and sadly WG seems to have decided to make it only available in an auction, typical WG behaviour i guess.

• Like 2

The last time I've seen such an update that is so devoid of new contents seems to be the "Winter Trophy" update (that basically served as filler between USN slow battleships and Hizen dockyard) back in 2020.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

The last time I've seen such an update that is so devoid of new contents seems to be the "Winter Trophy" update (that basically served as filler between USN slow battleships and Hizen dockyard) back in 2020.

True the rest of the Update, especially the Battle Pass seems lackluster, but i don't mind, the return of HSF is great and it allows me to cut back on my gaming a bit, and take a break before the Christmas Update.

8 minutes ago, GMMF said:

Have to wait 2 weeks for asymmetrical mode as well...

That is indeed unfortunate, but on the other hand the game mode will be active until Jan 9, which is longer than expected.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

but i also wanted the HSF Graf Spee and sadly WG seems to have decided to make it only available in an auction, typical WG behaviour i guess.

With the "normal" Graf Spee removed (for better or worse) to the category of very-hard-to-get-at ships, offering the functionally identical HSF version for open sale would have been counterproductive to the original decision.

20 minutes ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

especially the Battle Pass seems lackluster

The premium Battle Pass price represents a small discount on the doubloon price of the T8 econ permabonus it's giving, so if nothing else it actually is better value than buying it up front. Whether it's something you feel the need for is of course a different matter; to each their own on that score.

20 minutes ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

cut back on my gaming a bit, and take a break before the Christmas Update.

Yep, snowflakes are going to keep me busy then.

32 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

The last time I've seen such an update that is so devoid of new contents

I recall Phase 2 of Euro destroyers (the original, mostly Swedish branch) being pretty quiet as well. Not a bad thing, as far as I am concerned. I appreciate that some of us are grind-monsters who constantly want to be at something and always finish everything with time to spare, but that's not me. 

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 2

If I knew HSF collab coming out, I would opt for Harekaze rather than Asashio B... I can wait another year for Asashio B

Given WG nerfed SC, god knows how long it would take to save 8900 dub for the next HSF collab as being f2p

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GMMF said:

Have to wait 2 weeks for asymmetrical mode as well...

I just play randoms, feels plenty asymmetrical for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 11/6/2023 at 10:42 AM, Nevermore135 said:

That is indeed unfortunate, but on the other hand the game mode will be active until Jan 9, which is longer than expected.

It needs to be a permanent battle mode in my opinion.  I am hoping if they get around to making Op's for 9 and 10, that they include Supers as well, but we'll see.  I know that the first gal I am going to use in Asm Mode will be Satsuma. Smile_playing.gif.a6c958c121c06bdb09497f61b74f9620.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

High School fleet collab returning when I have no budget be like:

high-school-fleet-wheel.gif

But then I realize it's just rerun of the previous stuff I already have:

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Volron said:

It needs to be a permanent battle mode in my opinion.  I am hoping if they get around to making Op's for 9 and 10, that they include Supers as well, but we'll see.  I know that the first gal I am going to use in Asm Mode will be Satsuma. Smile_playing.gif.a6c958c121c06bdb09497f61b74f9620.gif

That won't happen. Ops were updated for T8, since all of them are sold for dubs. That's one of the ways to monetize the game, without causing negative feedback. Also, current Ops are absolutely not suitable for higher tiers, due to distances and shooting ranges in those maps for example. What can actually happen is assymetrical becoming a permanent mode for all tiers.

On 11/6/2023 at 10:24 AM, UnrepentantSinner said:

True the rest of the Update, especially the Battle Pass seems lackluster, but i don't mind, the return of HSF is great and it allows me to cut back on my gaming a bit, and take a break before the Christmas Update.

They have lost me on the Battlepass.

I didn't get last month.  2500 dubs for 100 tokens that was exchangable for 2 Black friday containers.... which cost....     2500 dubs.   Jeeezz Wargaming....really?

Before somebody says I get extra coal and steel with the deal....     I don't care....   already have more Steel than I can do anything with (short of blowing it all on a terrible torpedo cruiser that takes 6 mins to load up).

So this patch is a T8 perma camo?     OK...  already have a couple of those un linked that I haven't applied yet...

... and I'm not too veteran of player to spend... but WG does have to actually offer something of value... which is becoming increasingly rare...

• Like 2

On 11/6/2023 at 11:00 AM, UnrepentantSinner said:

Update 12.10 - The return of High School Fleet
I've been waiting quite some time for this, the last time this event was running, i just had started the game and didn't knew these things were only available for a short time.  The HSF Harekaze is a ship i will definitely buy, but i also wanted the HSF Graf Spee and sadly WG seems to have decided to make it only available in an auction, typical WG behaviour i guess.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-1210-asymmetric-battles/

A new wave of collaboration between High School Fleet and World of Warships makes its way into the game in Update 12.10! You hoped they would return one day, and they haven't let you down—the characters from High School Fleet are coming back in the seas of World of Warships!

Players will be able to obtain VIII HSF HAREKAZEVIII HSF HAREKAZE II, and V HSF HIEI as well as High School Fleet Commanders and camouflages for X YAMATOIX MUSASHI, and VIII HSF HAREKAZE.

That’s not all! We're hosting a special Auction for High School Fleet during Update 12.10 in which the main offer will be VI HSF GRAF SPEE, Commander Thea Kreutzer with 6 skill points and a Port slot. More information will be available later.

©AAS/Maritime Safety Support Department
©AAS/New Maritime Safety Support Department

Personally, I'm fond of all the High School Fleet stuff.
But, if one is on a budget, then get the HSF Harekaze and call it good.  Everything beyond that is a bonus.  🙂 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Sailor_Moon said:

High School fleet collab returning when I have no budget be like:

But then I realize it's just rerun of the previous stuff I already have:

Same for me.  I'm glad I participated in the previous HSF collaboration events.
That said, I want newer players (who came on-board after the previous collaboration events were over) to have a chance to "catch up".  🙂 

• Like 3

I was looking for the school bus yellow camo with the 300% cxp bonus.  It looks good on the Lenin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/6/2023 at 2:53 PM, Admiral_Karasu said:

I just play randoms, feels plenty asymmetrical for me.

We'll pray for your soul and hope that one day, you'll find the truth and move over to the "light side" of gaming:  PVE.

Actually, to me Random battles felt so symmetrical, I quit them and never looked back.........maybe, it's because I teach/taught asymmetrical warfare??  But, it was:  load a match in you favorite ship, get stomped in less than 6 minutes;  reload another match in your favorite ship and get stomped in less than 6 minutes and 30 seconds (see we improved !) and that went on all day and all night in a 3 player divisions of the clan I was in......for about 18 months.   We all left.

We'll pray for your soul.

• Like 2