What is the Best Black Friday ship?

Frostbow

Black Friday is primarily an opportunity to legally obtain previously withdrawn ships. Next - who likes what or who didnā€™t take what at the time. Personally, I didnā€™t have a single black ship and I was thinking specifically about 2 options - Scharnhorst and Massachusetts. I could have taken Massa last year, but for some reason I didnā€™t. I took it now. It is difficult to say unequivocally which ship is ā€œthe bestā€. This is not very correct, in my opinion. Everyone takes according to their doubloon capabilities and their gaming needs. Bart itself is a good and strong ship, overall I would recommend it.

• Like 3

If I had to get a BF ship it'd probably be Alaska, especially when you think about how MM works in gamemodes such as ranked. Because all other tier 9 cruisers are basically dogwater. Having Alaska which is an ok ship matched in against them basically means great battles most of the time. While with JB it's less so because they are some other amazing TT and premium BBs you can get at tier 9.

Personally, I think the Massachusetts B is the best Black Friday ship because it can hang well in tier X battles, and it gets matched against tier VI too, which it murders quite easily. That's been my experience with it anyway.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

If I had to get a BF ship it'd probably be Alaska, especially when you think about how MM works in gamemodes such as ranked. Because all other tier 9 cruisers are basically dogwater.

To a degree yes, but there are some extremely solid tier IX ships in the game without question, Alaska isn't the only one.

• Tulsa is decent all rounder, she can do very well if you know how and where to employ her. Though I wouldn't say she's quite on par with Alaska, she does some things better than Alaska while providing a similar utility and better Anti-DD capability.
  • Agir is objectively the best tier IX super cruiser, Alaskas radar is situationally better however. Her tankiness(along with Siegfried) is the among the best in the entire game for cruisers.
  • Siegfried has incredible accuracy and alpha strike most cruisers only dream of. Also highest over match among cruisers. her consistent strikes also make her a significant threat against BBs.
  • Roon is very solid kiting cruiser with probably the best guns amongst heavy cruisers at this tier. Shes decently tanky as well with her armor and extra heal charge. Her performance is very dependant on if you can adapt to her playstyle(many can't unfortunately).
  • Admiral Schroeders secondarys are interesting, the new skill changes should rectify some of her earlier issues. Shes also a fair all round cruiser, though till the skill changes she is a bit behind Siegfried and Agir.
  • Brindisi is solid as well, superb guns and above average armor. Her speed though is very useful.

Everything else though, is definitely bad, yes. Some would argue Azuma, but I honestly personally feel like she's just kinda average generally(not bad, but not good either). I wouldn't say Alaska is the best tier IX cruiser either, roughly equal, better, or worse than the above depending upon the situation/team composition.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Having Alaska which is an ok ship matched in against them basically means great battles most of the time. While with JB it's less so because they are some other amazing TT and premium BBs you can get at tier 9.

Yes, the same can be said for Jean Bart. There's an ocean full of amazing tech tree and premium BBs out there.

Alaska B is still the best Black Friday ship cruiser. But still below Jean Bart Black.Ā šŸ˜„Ā šŸ˜œ

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think it is worth considering "How many game modes can I play the ship in?"

Ships of Tier-6 through Tier-8 can currently enter Co-op, random and randomized-Scenario-Operations game modes.
Tier-9 ships can enter Co-op, random and the current Last Voyage of Transylvania Halloween event mode.
Tier-10 can enter Co-op and random, and perhaps a special event mode (when available)

So, where & when one can play a ship may be a concern that goes hand-in-hand with a ship's performance parameters and a player's fondness for the ship or the ship's optimal play-style.

Just some food-for-thought.Ā  šŸ™‚Ā 
Ā 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I think it is worth considering "How many game modes can I play the ship in?"

Ships of Tier-6 through Tier-8 can currently enter Co-op, random and randomized-Scenario-Operations game modes.
Tier-9 ships can enter Co-op, random and the current Last Voyage of Transylvania Halloween event mode.
Tier-10 can enter Co-op and random, and perhaps a special event mode (when available)

So, where & when one can play a ship may be a concern that goes hand-in-hand with a ship's performance parameters and a player's fondness for the ship or the ship's optimal play-style.

Just some food-for-thought.Ā  šŸ™‚Ā 
Ā 

AND, that's why we are hearing about Tier 9-11 Random Operations or Asymmetrical Battles....Ā  Use = demand = sales....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Massachussetts is the best ship, since it is tierwise the most powerful.

Asashio is the ship best for the game, cause it murders the right people.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Because all other tier 9 cruisers are basically dogwater

cap_wander.gifĀ  Ā 

Ā 

Hkhmm....cap_yes.gif....... what am I reading......

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Haha 1

I also like the Black Mass and she's fun to play. Only thing I dont like is she is uptiered all the time and even though she can handle herself quite well .

Her lack of range is a problem in uptiered games and she's really bad against subs especially tier 10 subs.

1 hour ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

Massachussetts is the best ship, since it is tierwise the most powerful.

Asashio is the ship best for the game, cause it murders the right people.

Glad to hear though. Exactly the two ships I purchased two days ago.Ā 

13 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

cap_wander.gifĀ  Ā 

Ā 

Hkhmm....cap_yes.gif....... what am I reading......

Basically all the other tier 9 cruisers are bad so Alaska being good makes her feel legendary to play. That's what I mean.

17 hours ago, MBT808 said:

To a degree yes, but there are some extremely solid tier IX ships in the game without question, Alaska isn't the only one.

• Tulsa is decent all rounder, she can do very well if you know how and where to employ her. Though I wouldn't say she's quite on par with Alaska, she does some things better than Alaska while providing a similar utility and better Anti-DD capability.
  • Agir is objectively the best tier IX super cruiser, Alaskas radar is situationally better however. Her tankiness(along with Siegfried) is the among the best in the entire game for cruisers.
  • Siegfried has incredible accuracy and alpha strike most cruisers only dream of. Also highest over match among cruisers. her consistent strikes also make her a significant threat against BBs.
  • Roon is very solid kiting cruiser with probably the best guns amongst heavy cruisers at this tier. Shes decently tanky as well with her armor and extra heal charge. Her performance is very dependant on if you can adapt to her playstyle(many can't unfortunately).
  • Admiral Schroeders secondarys are interesting, the new skill changes should rectify some of her earlier issues. Shes also a fair all round cruiser, though till the skill changes she is a bit behind Siegfried and Agir.
  • Brindisi is solid as well, superb guns and above average armor. Her speed though is very useful.

Everything else though, is definitely bad, yes. Some would argue Azuma, but I honestly personally feel like she's just kinda average generally(not bad, but not good either). I wouldn't say Alaska is the best tier IX cruiser either, roughly equal, better, or worse than the above depending upon the situation/team composition.

Tulsa is not very great at all.

You're compeletely wrong on Agir, Siegfried and Brindisi.

Schroder is great in ranked and other games modes sure.

Roon is not very tanky but has ok firepower.

Azuma is the second best super cruiser at tier 9 besides Alaska no doubt about it. Alaska is 100% the best no doubt about it, this is pretty common knowledge as well so if u need anything else checked please feel free to ask.

• Confused 1
  • Bored 1

15 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Yes, the same can be said for Jean Bart. There's an ocean full of amazing tech tree and premium BBs out there.

Alaska B is still the best Black Friday ship cruiser. But still below Jean Bart Black.Ā šŸ˜„Ā šŸ˜œ

Ā 

Well that's your opinion, it's ok that you're wrong. But I respect your opinion.

• Bored 1

1 hour ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Well that's your opinion, it's ok that you're wrong. But I respect your opinion.

That's your opinion, and it's ok that you're wrong. And I respect your opinion.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Bored 1

2 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Basically all the other tier 9 cruisers are bad so Alaska being good makes her feel legendary to play. That's what I mean.

And yet...

M7YzkBu.png

sswuQS9.png

b5W34jb.png

Note the timestamp of the battle and of the post

To quote sergeant Zim:Ā ā€œThere are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.ā€Ā 

Ā 

The funny part being set aside, there are no inherently bad ships in wows, however some ships could be more challenging to play than others. Wows is a massively contextual game, in certain game modes some ships excel, whileĀ  the very same ships are more challenging in others. I would reluctantly take out Gorizia intoĀ  randoms, but she fitĀ  like a glove in 3v3 brawl. Similarly one could argue that Laska is dogsh** in coop.

And there are different tastes, forĀ  example I prolly never play my Laskas, even if I play ranked regularly. She is like a mini battle ship, not at all like a cruiser.

Ā 

Edit:Ā  To further add ...

5BjXwXF.png

....this was quite arguably a ....lets say "legendary" fight. Encapsulates why this game is truly a great game. We lost but it was a honourable loss.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yXPhnbfI5rgw30sOo-kG5gQx9gdZYYYA/view?usp=drive_linkĀ 

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

And yet...

M7YzkBu.png

sswuQS9.png

b5W34jb.png

Note the timestamp of the battle and of the post

To quote sergeant Zim:Ā ā€œThere are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.ā€Ā 

Ā 

The funny part being set aside, there are no inherently bad ships in wows, however some ships could be more challenging to play than others. Wows is a massively contextual game, in certain game modes some ships excel, whileĀ  the very same ships are more challenging in others. I would reluctantly take out Gorizia intoĀ  randoms, but she fitĀ  like a glove in 3v3 brawl. Similarly one could argue that Laska is dogsh** in coop.

And there are different tastes, forĀ  example I prolly never play my Laskas, even if I play ranked regularly. She is like a mini battle ship, not at all like a cruiser.

Ā 

Edit:Ā  To further add ...

5BjXwXF.png

....this was quite arguably a ....lets say "legendary" fight. Encapsulates why this game is truly a great game. We lost but it was a honourable loss.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yXPhnbfI5rgw30sOo-kG5gQx9gdZYYYA/view?usp=drive_linkĀ 

Because someone happens to have a good battle with a ship doesn't make it good. Didn't think I'd need to say that cause it's the most basic common knowledge out there. The worst of ships can have the best of games, I don't think this is worth getting into tbh. Verrrry sad...

34 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

....I don't think this is worth getting into tbh.

That's true and I wasn't adversarial. Like at all. Having discussions over the netz.... is very easy to misread the intention.

And ....my point wasn't about bragging, I don't consider myself a "good" player.

Ā 

So....is Laska a comfy ship? Yes. All other T9 cruisers are bad? No. They are tools and how one uses a tool is up to him.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

So....is Laska a comfy ship? Yes. All other T9 cruisers are bad? No. They are tools and how one uses a tool is up to him.

Alaska is a good ship which only increases once people realize how bad the tier 9 TT ships are. Get that in your head, it's so easy to figure it out. The "tools" and how to use the "tool" is dogwater and bad. Tier 9 cruisers are legit so bad compared to the DDs and BBs you have available. Get it in ur head lmao.

• Haha 1
  • Bored 1

Ā 

Ā Oh...I see. .Ok seems that it is time for some fun.Ā 0D35311A-99B5-474C-A05B-6D0A963C0398.gif

Alaska is a good shipĀ 

Who said that is a bad ship?B8B0C9B8-AC7D-49E4-A613-349F042B68CB.gif

...which only increases once people realize how bad the tier 9 TT ships are.Ā 

Oh.....you mean like.... Ibuki? One of ( if not the most) manoeuvrable cruisers in the entire game??Ā D4250899-7637-4DB1-9393-24C11B63FACC.gif

Ā Get that in your head, it's so easy to figure it out.Ā 

Nah.... You need to get it in your possibly cute head that a) good stats doesn't mean that you can't be wrong

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā b) It is a good idea to talk from the upper round part of yours, not the lower one. Ya know...the one on your neck not da one you are sitting on šŸ™‚Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā c) don't put yourself on a pedestalĀ  which exists only in your imagination

But you are right, these things are rather is easy to figure outĀ 6FE6656A-2569-4D5C-A445-EB63E019A1B5.gif

Ā The "tools" and how to use the "tool" is dogwater and bad.Ā 

Oh dear... I wonder what are you teaching people, then? How to .....spend their money?

Ā Tier 9 cruisers are legit so bad compared to the DDs and BBs you have available. Get it in ur head lmao.

No. ALL cruisers are in a bad spot, because Wargambling keeps kewtowing to the " Big guns go boom, ugh, ugh" crowd and uses balans instead of balanceĀ  sculptingĀ  theĀ  game around their own interests, whileĀ  not giving a flying fiddlestick about real balance.

Yeah, there you go, now you know what I was earlierĀ talking about.Ā  Ā 6FE6656A-2569-4D5C-A445-EB63E019A1B5.gifĀ  I don't want to "dance", not that I can't.

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Ā Oh...I see. .Ok seems that it is time for some fun.Ā 0D35311A-99B5-474C-A05B-6D0A963C0398.gif

Who said that is a bad ship?B8B0C9B8-AC7D-49E4-A613-349F042B68CB.gif

Oh.....you mean like.... Ibuki? One of ( if not the most) manoeuvrable cruisers in the entire game??Ā D4250899-7637-4DB1-9393-24C11B63FACC.gif

Nah.... You need to get it in your possibly cute head that a) good stats doesn't mean that you can't be wrong

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā b) It is a good idea to talk from the upper round part of yours, not the lower one. Ya know...the one on your neck not da one you are sitting on šŸ™‚Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā c) don't put yourself on a pedestalĀ  which exists only in your imagination

But you are right, these things are rather is easy to figure outĀ 6FE6656A-2569-4D5C-A445-EB63E019A1B5.gif

Oh dear... I wonder what are you teaching people, then? How to .....spend their money?

No. ALL cruisers are in a bad spot, because Wargambling keeps kewtowing to the " Big guns go boom, ugh, ugh" crowd and uses balans instead of balanceĀ  sculptingĀ  theĀ  game around their own interests, whileĀ  not giving a flying fiddlestick about real balance.

Yeah, there you go, now you know what I was earlierĀ talking about.Ā  Ā 6FE6656A-2569-4D5C-A445-EB63E019A1B5.gifĀ  I don't want to "dance", not that I can't.

I'd rate this 5/10 on the troll scale. Very un-original and could do with some improvements. I'd contact your local Wendy's to get some help. However you should also go back to the topic of this forum, no need for any more failed attempts of trolling as it's quite sad seeing you try.

• Haha 1
  • Bored 1