Oh dear.......BF live in ASIA... (ain't pretty)

Andrewbassg

As long as the Community accepts (read: keeps buying) these prices/bundles/money grabs, WG won't change a thing. :classic_dry:

• Like 5

They’ve always offered most of the black ships every year. Each year they add more. Think the only one they don’t is Mass B and Smolensk B. Why is this an issue? Sorry if you guys can’t afford them, some of us love to whale on these. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Monalie477 said:

24 'Black' ships????    Smacks of desperation.

Perry would have loved it, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Looks about the same as most BF events?

Don't see anything there egregious?

39 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Not sure why the hilarity....Prices all look the same as usual?

i see 15-30% price reduction. The regular armoury coupon  is 25%. So I fail to see the "Black Friday" in this event, other than the B prefix in the ships.

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Andrewbassg said:

i see 15-30% price reduction. The regular armoury coupon  is 25%. So I fail to see the Black Friday in this event, other than the B prefix in the ships.

Perhaps pixel prices have gone up?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, KJ82 said:

Maybe he meant the visual design ?

Yeah, the Art Department had to work overtime for this event.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Monalie477 said:

I suspect that if they'd failed to offer the previous years' choices, you'd be screaming about that too. 

So what's your problem, OP? 

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if everyone stopped spending, WOWS would go under; is that what you want?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if everyone stopped spending, WOWS would go under; is that what you want?

It's the elitist attitude of the bandwagon riders that makes me chuckle, like it became cool to think WG shouldn't earn money, lol. Never understood why people complain about others spending their money on a game if they want to. It's what keeps the game afloat for the freebies.

As for the Black Friday event, I bought the random bundle chain as I always do when those chains become available. Already had the Repulse, so I got the mission for 1,500 doubloons back, so I thought it was a good deal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm slightly confused; what's the problem? Having a sniff around now, and it's all much the same as previous years, just with some extra ships added?

It looks perfectly reasonable to me. If one doesn't want S&M versions of these ships, buying them isn't compulsory.

Edit: the only small thing I've found to carp about (and it may be a bug) is that the 'gold' mission for Iwamis gives you this:

image.thumb.png.fc8fd1c1eab36e3971a45cc033a62b2c.png

Meanwhile, for Blacks, you get this:

image.thumb.png.a6c2e04ea98555fa7ebfadb63c773f1b.png

Presumably, the missing coal is a tax on being able to make all the feeble 'Black Black' puns? Smiley.gif.e7c098cdfc935f15e3bc6d2b6d39cf3f.gif

Edited by Verblonde
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Monalie477 said:

It smacks of people spending lots of money on black ships which for some reason bothers people who wont spend any money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

So what's your problem, OP? 

No problemo. Tho it is funny. Coz...

3 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

i see 15-30% price reduction. The regular armoury coupon  is 25%. So I fail to see the "Black Friday" in this event, other than the B prefix in the ships.

Maybe it will help if I point out that the difference between 25% and 30% is 5%. Aka 50 dubs per 1000. 

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

You know what humour is, right? Good. 🙂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Looks about the same as most BF events?

Don't see anything there egregious?

Nothing egregious AT at all......  It's just kind of sad in a way.   That a corporation has had to "clone ships" and paint them Black to make money.  It's kind of has a "third world" vibe to it.....  They could be as big as WOTS if they worked on it.   That's all many are saying.   And some of us, stopped spending Whale levels of money years ago....

Not egregious at all AT, sad is a far better word........

• Like 1

A couple of things:

• Black Friday 2023 started two weeks earlier compared to Black Friday 2022. Intentional to get the most amount of money?
  • There seems to be no commemorative Flags and Patches of New Ships for the Black Friday 2023 ships?
  • Still no commander bundled with the B ships?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

A couple of things:

• Black Friday 2023 started two weeks earlier compared to Black Friday 2022. Intentional to get the most amount of money?
  • There seems to be no commemorative Flags and Patches of New Ships for the Black Friday 2023 ships?
  • Looks like it; the date stamps I have on some 'yay, I got a ship' screen-shots from previous years are later.
  • The flags are certainly available - they're in the 'voyage to wherever it is' section in the Armory [sic].
  • You do get a 10 pointer with the B ships (or at least, I did - with the ones I got out of crates).

Edit: You get a 6 pointer on Repulse B.

Edited by Verblonde
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Asym said:

That a corporation has had to "clone ships" and paint them Black to make money

The company really doesn't have to clone ships and paint them black to make money. I think they do this because people like them and are obviously buying them. Would it make people happier if they didn't have the event anymore? Would it make people feel like the company was doing better if they stopped selling Black ships? It seems to bother people that they are making money doing this although I don't know why.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Monalie477 said:

Mmmm, true desperation will be if you see Thunderer Black, Smaland Black, or Georgia Black for sale. Or Smolensk Black for regular sale instead of the auction - though the nerfs have probably made it less imposing than the former three. Those three are monsters. Even Alaska/MA/JB don't compare to them, not really.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

A couple of things:

The commanders are what I might be more interested to get than the ships. I think there was a commander + flag bundle because I have the black Atago flag, and a commander.

image.png.63911ce05bc367951ce4836185a70146.png

A pretty cool look, huh?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

There seems to be no commemorative Flags and Patches of New Ships for the Black Friday 2023 ships?

The flags are part of the North Pole event.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, clammboy said:

It seems to bother people that they are making money doing this although I don't know why.

Beats me too! I think the various clone ships are pretty harmless; if you like 'em, great, if you don't, don't buy 'em.

They're by no means essential, and they're identical to their Vanilla versions in performance, so don't break the game. There's nothing I can see to get excitable over, really...

• Like 1