Michelangelo - The next Dockyard ship

Frostbow

Michelangelo will be the next Dockyard ship.

image.thumb.png.b0e72634852d3fc801f0adb8001dc70c.png

Secondary-focused cruiser with SAP secondaries. Has exhaust smoke generator. 

Still no buff to the California announced. LOL

If I heard them right, if you buy Santa Containers (which have been updated, by the way), you'll get currency you can use to get new camos for certain ships.

image.thumb.png.7a622556f37b063f7bbb9815c397c8e3.png

6 minutes ago, majmac said:

Michelangelo is OP, please nerf! 🙂

LoL, maybe if she was she’d be worth getting. 😆

I already have Napoli and had a ton of fun with it. I don't have things like Schroder though, is Michelangelo worth 6000 doubs and a painful grind in case of T9 limited game modes?

Having decided to pass on Lushun, I'm going to get the Michelangelo if I can - because of the name, and because her main gun layout reminds me of (and was probably inspired by) this thing...

image.thumb.png.af4c0e71f54e3df27dd7ae8fc3a48c44.png

...albeit the Italia's main-gun barbettes were en-echelon to improve the arcs and Michelangelo's are midline.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Confused 1

On 11/3/2023 at 3:01 AM, TimurGlazkov said:

I already have Napoli and had a ton of fun with it. I don't have things like Schroder though, is Michelangelo worth 6000 doubs and a painful grind in case of T9 limited game modes?

I don’t think so at the moment. Her secondaries have been nerfed to roughly napolis level and her hydro nerfed to standard. Her armor protection isn’t as good as you might expect either. I don’t know the exact numbers off the top of my head but consider this: I was able to get a 30k salvo on Michelangelo with Brindisi. She can be citadeled by heavy cruiser guns. Napoli at least is protected from heavy caliber guns with her turtle back at most ranges.

There’s also the obvious horrible gun angles(both guns require almost full broadside, their really bad). She has great torps though. I would say if you have Napoli, she’s not worth picking up. Her unusual setup is going to be an issue to overcome. I’d say, at the moment, she’s not worth while.

Edited by MBT808
  • Like 2

I have a case of Dockyard exhaustion and just can't muster much enthusiasm this go around.  I also have the Napoli, so Michelangelo might be a pass. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I have a case of Dockyard exhaustion and just can't muster much enthusiasm this go around.  I also have the Napoli, so Michelangelo might be a pass. 

Same here, no more Dockyard grind for me, thank you. 

• Like 1

can anyone enlighten me how is this ship going to survive in a close range fight? 

25mm bow with a big flat above water citadel right behind it

thick citadel with spaced armor so no overpen shenanigans to save it from close range AP

25mm rear and lots of shell catcher areas

both main and secondary guns seem to have bad  gun angles making the above much worst.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

15 hours ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Same here, no more Dockyard grind for me, thank you. 

I understand the sentiment, but I did the original PR grind with minimal boosters, so nothing is daunting anymore.

Now where is that hair shirt?

• Haha 1

6k dubs, secondaries, one of the most unique and weirdest designs for a warship if its era, compliments Schroder pretty well, and has Italian torps that are actually fast and do damage. As long as its not PR levels of hell, why not.

Edited by tfcas119

On 11/2/2023 at 2:51 PM, Frostbow said:

If I heard them right, if you buy Santa Containers (which have been updated, by the way), you'll get currency you can use to get new camos for certain ships.

Yes you can. They look really cool (Art Department best department) but with them visuals only and half of them are premiums may not be worth it for some.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 3:03 AM, pepe_trueno said:

can anyone enlighten me how is this ship going to survive in a close range fight? 

25mm bow with a big flat above water citadel right behind it

thick citadel with spaced armor so no overpen shenanigans to save it from close range AP

25mm rear and lots of shell catcher areas

both main and secondary guns seem to have bad  gun angles making the above much worst.

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8568715708 (Original post in Chinese language)

The ship has a hidden armored deck inside her bow that prevents AP shells from diving right into citadel.

40-mm amidships deck and upper hull plating, may work a la Incomparable's troll amidships.

Main guns can rotate 360 degrees that eases sudden shifting in some situations.

For shells that failed to penetrate her interior bulkhead, the space between her outer main belt and internal bulkhead has no module HP assigned and is treated as torpedo defence void. And for every ship being caught broadside in a brawl is bad to begin with, even Emile Bertin isn't completely immune from crippling citadel hits.

• Like 2

Overwhelmingly dockyard ships are bad. Hizen comes to mind, then Marlborough...

Only ZF-6 was any good really.

Who wants to play a cruiser with superships and gato prowling around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

Who wants to play a cruiser with superships and gato prowling around.

DrinkingWolfKampai_facebooksticker_saved_08-10-2022_.jpg.d22a7d5e2190678d6ab42ac891d6de7c.jpg

On 11/4/2023 at 10:46 PM, Pugilistic said:

but I did the original PR grind with minimal boosters, so nothing is daunting anymore.

Now where is that hair shirt?

🤣

There's part of me that wishes they had left that grind up after the event was over, so I could finish it as a carrot to my grinding endeavours.

One thing is for sure - they learned a lot from that. They changed directives to enable them to spread a directive set over multiple patches (something which I think would have saved that event), and they took out the time gating. There's a masochistic part of me which wants to have another go at it, except spread over three 4-week patches instead of being crammed into five insane weeks with horrific time gates. Or make it a permanent campaign with a desirable high-tier ship or some great chunk of resources as the final prize.

42 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

🤣

There's part of me that wishes they had left that grind up after the event was over, so I could finish it as a carrot to my grinding endeavours.

One thing is for sure - they learned a lot from that. They changed directives to enable them to spread a directive set over multiple patches (something which I think would have saved that event), and they took out the time gating. There's a masochistic part of me which wants to have another go at it, except spread over three 4-week patches instead of being crammed into five insane weeks with horrific time gates. Or make it a permanent campaign with a desirable high-tier ship or some great chunk of resources as the final prize.

I was at the beach for a prolonged period of time during intermittently raw weather, so I sat in the sunroom and watched it while I ground all day during the worse days, which made it more pleasant. But at the end, I pledged to never play CO-OP again, except for familiarizations, and I have stuck to that. 

59 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

I was at the beach for a prolonged period of time during intermittently raw weather, so I sat in the sunroom and watched it while I ground all day during the worse days, which made it more pleasant. But at the end, I pledged to never play CO-OP again, except for familiarizations, and I have stuck to that. 

Conversely, the Indianapolis Marathon in 2018 burned me out as a full-time Randoms player, although unlike other co-op mains I'm not a PvE exclusive.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 3:37 AM, pepe_trueno said:

a brawling cruiser with 25mm bow armor and bad gun angles that force you to show side

jacksparrow-jack_sparrow.gif

so a normal day in WoWs