Stream Updates (Christmas Events)

AdmiralThunder

Watching the stream right now and so far Christmas looks pretty good.

Flake event is decent. Small changes to rewards but not a huge nerf...

• T5 = 70 Coal
  • T6 = 75 Coal
  • T7 = 80 Coal
  • T8 = 70 Steel
  • T9 = 80 Steel
  • T10 = 1 Sata Certificate
  • SS = missed it? (Update 200 Steel)

Battlepass will be great. Slightly altered missions but BXP as usual 

• Midpoint reward (free) = Scharnhorst 43
  • End reward (paid) = T7 EU DD Stord 43 
  • Reward for paid BP = Santa Certificates
  • Post progressions rewards = Santa Certificates

Kitakami is coming as part of a Salvage for Victory event. Going to be in a thing like we just had for Champagne where you buy your way up a chain (100 stages) using various resources (RB, Steel, Coal) to get stuff. Also includes the new T6 EU Cruiser Eli, new T7 ITL Cruiser (won't be part of a Christmas dockyard - no dockyard mentioned yet), new TX BRN Cruiser Defense (stage 40 I think they said). Kitakami at stage 80. Final items are special camos for Kitakami and Defense and flags for all 4 ships). Ships in this event not available again for at least a year and Kitakami at least 2 years.

There will be a dockyard. T9 ITL Cruiser Michelangelo (32 phases / 27 by playing 5 must be purchased - 1750 Doubloons p/ stage 5 and 10 starter packs available). No midway point ship.

More to come - need to get back and listen. Supposed to be 4 Devblog's worth of news (think it is only 3 though?)

I asked a question and Crysantos actually answered - no Co-op achievements in 2023 as promised in a late 2022 waterline article. Still in the works but not this year. I expected that. At least he answered.

1st Devblog = https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/490 

2nd Devblog = https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/489

3rd Devblog = https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/491

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just announced a new "salvage" event which includes Kitakami at the final stage.  Here is a quick overview of the costs for individual resources, since this is a "salvage" event you can mix and match, so the cost per individual resource would be divided.

image.png.e4d87143fa10daaab1b8ab7c7ef52978.png 

• Thanks 3

• AdmiralThunder changed the title to Stream Updates (Christmas Events)

Holy crap it take too much for Kitakami

image.png.4a7cc8c15def75f598ea555b37f20f22.png

Note you can only spend 960 premium days at most

Edited by a252
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, a252 said:

Holy crap it take too much for Kitakami

image.png.4a7cc8c15def75f598ea555b37f20f22.png

Note you can only spend 960 premium days at most

They just keep making this way more complicated ( And expensive ) than it should be.

I have all the coal and PT to get Kitakami easily but DAMN!

No wonder I have so much. They make it too hard to spend and get it's worth.

Kita would have to have SUB GUIDED torps to be worth all that.

And with that crutch I wouldn't want it anyway.

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

SS = missed it?

200 steel each

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

End reward (free) = T7 EU DD Stord 43 

Stord 43 is the final of the paid “not battle pass”

• Thanks 2

I am tempted to go for Kitakami as it will be a very rare ship. I think a bad ship but a rare one nonetheless.

That is an ungodly amount of resources to spend but I have the 1.5 Million Coal (well 1.4### right now and plenty of time to earn more and I can augment if needed with other resources). Also keep in mind that Christmas flakes will bring lots of Coal and Steel for people via flakes and also there will be a lot of free Santa crates which can drop 2500, 7500, or 12,500 Coal (they said the crates would have same content as last year other than the changes to the ships). For me (Using my 8th anniversary flake count for ships - have a few more already) that would mean I will get...

Coal:

• T5 (700 p/ ship) - 60 X 700 = 42,000 
  • T6 (750 p/ ship) - 77 X 750 = 57,750
  • T7 (800 p/ ship) - 79 X 800 = 63,200
  • Total Coal = 162,950

Steel:

• T8 (70 p/ ship) - 118 X 70 = 8260
  • T9 (80 p/ ship) - 77 X 80 = 6160
  • SS (200 p/ ship) - 15 X 200 = 3000
  • Total Steel = 17,420

Now obviously not everyone has the ship count I do but there will be a lot of free Coal and Steel to be had for players for sure is the point that can help rebuild the reserves if you spend a butt load on the event.

The main reason I am actually considering such a crazy price for Kitakami is because Crysantos said on stream it won't be brought back for at least 2 years (Devblog says 2 years period but Crysantos stressed AT LEAST and it is possible they won't even then). Also, it isn't 1.5 Million Coal (or ## Steel or RB pts) for Kitakami it is 1.5 Million Coal for Kitakami + Eli, Ferruccio, and Defense. 

So I am intrigued but not sure I can choke down what it will cost even though I have it to spend. I would love to know what resource Rhode Island will go for as that is on the want list for coming ships and I would hate to blow my chance at that when it drops. But it should be around for a while and this may be the only shot at Kitakami so...? 

Decisions...decisions...

giphy.gif

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

200 steel each

Stord 43 is the final of the paid “not battle pass”

I corrected my OP. I could have sworn Crysantos said it was the final free reward. I thought that odd but he kept going on about all the free stuff we could get and thought he included that ship. Was jumping back and forth typing so messed up. Apologies.

• Like 1

The details revealed so far seem fine, though the 'not battle pass' looks like a regular battle pass, except grindier, since the maximum progression for one day involves repeating 2000 BXP five times, so that's exciting depressing.

The resource exchange thing for Kitakami and others takes the cake for the most ridiculous FOMO I've ever seen in this game, however. Discord mods are already trying to justify it as 'a collector’s ship not meant to be obtainable by the average player, including people that have played casually for a long time'. Why you'd spend so much time and energy on a ship for a fraction of a fraction of the game's diminishing old guard is probably part of the reason why we have a diminishing old guard.

• Like 4

1. Kitakami is absurdly overpriced imho. Especially with there being a limit to how much premium time people can blow on her, I don't see how they can find more than a handful of players with the necessary coal/steel/RB points. It's not like we've been given 6 months' notice...
  2. I'm not yet sure what to make of the changes to the ship pools in Santa Containers.
  3. Getting steel instead of RB points for Supership snowflakes is an excellent change imho. Indeed, it makes me think last year's version was an unintended mistake.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, SolitudeFreak said:

except grindier, since the maximum progression for one day involves repeating 2000 BXP five times, so that's exciting depressing.

Did you see an "in winning battles" condition? Because I didn't. 

16 minutes ago, tocqueville8 said:

the changes to the ship pools in Santa Containers.

For the record: ships removed from the Santa crates (but still available in the Armory):

Removed ships

X MOSKVA

X KHABAROVSK

IX BLACK

VII FLINT

X MARCEAU

X HAYATE

X YOSHINO

IX NEUSTRASHIMY

X SALEM

X GROSSER KURFÜRST

VIII ALABAMA

IX POMMERN

VIII MAINZ

VIII COSSACK

VIII PRINZ EUGEN

VIII ROMA

VIII LE TERRIBLE

VIII LOYANG

VIII GASCOGNE

VIII VANGUARD

VIII IRIAN

IX MARCO POLO

VIII SAIPAN

IX AZUMA

VIII GRAF ZEPPELIN

IX GRONINGEN

VIII KII

VIII KAGA

VIII BELFAST '43

V KIROV

VI ARIZONA

V TEXAS

VI WARSPITE

VI ANSHAN

VII ATLANTA

V MURMANSK

VI HUANGHE

V MARBLEHEAD

V OKTYABRSKAYA REVOLUTSIYA

VI DUCA D'AOSTA

VII SIMS

VI AIGLE

VII INDIANAPOLIS

Ships added to Santa Crates this year:

VII TASHKENT '39

X TROMP

X BRISBANE

VIII COLOSSUS

IX JÄGER

VIII ALMIRANTE GRAU

IX VELOS

VIII ALLIANCE

IX SUN YAT-SEN

IX HALFORD

VIII NUMANCIA

VIII NOTTINGHAM

IX KARL XIV JOHAN

IX SCARLET THUNDER

VIII SCHILL

VII TOKACHI

VII WEST VIRGINIA '44

VI DUPLEIX

VI LEIPZIG

43 out, 19 in.

• Like 1

Just now, Ensign Cthulhu said:

For the record: ships removed from the Santa crates (but still available in the Armory):

Yeah, I read the list. I was thinking more about whether or not it would set me back in my plan to drain the pool of mid-tier premiums to finally have a decent shot at dropping a Giulio Cesare / Missouri / Benham / etc.

Turns out it shouldn't change things much for me. The thing I find mildly annoying is that they're removing a lot of historical ships (Black, Cossack, Warspite...) for mostly paper ones.

15 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Did you see an "in winning battles" condition? Because I didn't. 

As it stands, maximum progression in a day is the 6 phase mission, but the first ones are very fast to complete, with the 1100+ BXP ones taking a bit longer for PVE. Winning is rarely an issue for us PVE mains.

This 'not battle pass' has a daily potential that can only be reached by repeating 2000BXP 5 times. Win or not, that will take me much longer.

While post progression isn't mandatory, you do lose out a bit the more you don't complete when you get the paid track. I got Dupleix and completed every daily mission in order to maximize what I got for actually buying into a pass, but it was a grind to do that on workdays, and I felt burnout after the patch was over.

With dailies being grindier on this pass that involves a ship, it's a little discouraging. I realize reaching the ship will not be an issue, but losing out on post progression is the pain point.

That aside, a pass that involves a ship drop is good, and removing normally available ships from Santa drops isn't a bad idea either. So it isn't all bad.

But if I wanted Kitakami, I'd probably be big mad right now.

8 minutes ago, tocqueville8 said:

... historical ships (Black, Cossack, Warspite...)

Well while Black was historic ship and was a Fletcher class destroyer, it never exactly existed in the way WG implemented it in the game. It never had rounded bridge and should look more like Kidd or Chung Mu. So not sure if you can call it historical ships if it look differently. Maybe some don't mind, but I do.

Just now, fumtu said:

Well while Black was historic ship and was a Fletcher class destroyer, it never exactly existed in the way WG implemented it in the game. It never had rounded bridge and should look more like Kidd or Chung Mu. So not sure if you can call it historical ships if it look differently. Maybe some don't mind, but I do.

It's subjective where I draw the line, frankly: I like the idea of collecting the built-in-steel ships of this game, even if some details in the model are wrong. Then again, they're occasionally updated, right? Gearing was slimmed down in 2022 iirc.

4 minutes ago, tocqueville8 said:

It's subjective where I draw the line, frankly: I like the idea of collecting the built-in-steel ships of this game, even if some details in the model are wrong. Then again, they're occasionally updated, right? Gearing was slimmed down in 2022 iirc.

As I said, it is up to person. I mean WG could use QE or Warspite model, put it in the game as HMS Barham, it would be real ships and right class but it would ignore the fact that Bahrem was never upgraded. To me it would just not be the same. Same for Black. And yes they updated model of Gearing and all other US DDs, including Fletcher. But if they wanted to correct Black they could do it long time ago, after all Kidd and Chung Mu are in the game for years. We now even have Velos and Halford, but Black still have wrong model.

1 hour ago, tocqueville8 said:

Yeah, I read the list.

I'm sure you did; I was just repeating it here to save people the trouble of clicking away.

Kitakami being absurdly priced and only available for a limited time means it won't be popular in the meta.

I'm fine with that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SolitudeFreak said:

As it stands, maximum progression in a day is the 6 phase mission, but the first ones are very fast to complete, with the 1100+ BXP ones taking a bit longer for PVE. Winning is rarely an issue for us PVE mains.

This 'not battle pass' has a daily potential that can only be reached by repeating 2000BXP 5 times. Win or not, that will take me much longer.

While post progression isn't mandatory, you do lose out a bit the more you don't complete when you get the paid track. I got Dupleix and completed every daily mission in order to maximize what I got for actually buying into a pass, but it was a grind to do that on workdays, and I felt burnout after the patch was over.

With dailies being grindier on this pass that involves a ship, it's a little discouraging. I realize reaching the ship will not be an issue, but losing out on post progression is the pain point.

That aside, a pass that involves a ship drop is good, and removing normally available ships from Santa drops isn't a bad idea either. So it isn't all bad.

But if I wanted Kitakami, I'd probably be big mad right now.

You don't need to do 10,000 base xp a day ... I've crunched the numbers and I think that if I did 6,000 a day I could get the 500 points needed. There's 5 weeks in this battle pass (35 days) and you'd need 15 points a day and that includes from the weekly missions too.

Edited by CFagan_1987

11 minutes ago, CFagan_1987 said:

You don't need to do 10,000 base xp a day ... I've crunched the numbers and I think that if I did 6,000 a day I could get the 500 points needed. There's 5 weeks in this battle pass (35 days) and you'd need 15 points a day and that includes from the weekly missions too.

I'm aware of that. However, as it stands with current BP post progression, you need only complete each daily mission which is much easier than the next daily mission type in this dev blog.

The post progression grind was increased. The end reward is easier to get. (I want both)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SolitudeFreak said:

I'm aware of that. However, as it stands with current BP post progression, you need only complete each daily mission which is much easier than the next daily mission type in this dev blog.

The post progression grind was increased. The end reward is easier to get. (I want both)

Oh your referring to the Santa certificates that you get in post progression ... yeah those will be very valuable for Santa crates. For me personally they are a bonus and I'm mainly focused on the main 20 stages given that it will be Christmas, New Years, etc and I'll be busy with family events.

23 hours ago, SolitudeFreak said:

Also, WG did not yet disclose the exchange rate for the post-progression stages. Based on the increasing amount of points required to reach the next level, I think it would be minimum 50 pts/certificate, if not more. 

Some calculations: 

Assuming max grind (completing all missions), the earliest one could unlock the post-progression is after 2 weeks and 4 days. 

• 195 pts/week x 2 weeks = 390
  • 25pts/day x 4 days = 100
  • 2 pts/weekly mission x 5 = 10

This would leave 2 weeks and 3 days left in the update. Assuming max grind again, you would be able to farm 475 pts (+25 from whatever "special combat missions") which completes the 1000 total points for the update. 

If my estimate above of exchange rate is correct, you could only get 10 certificates from the post-progression, or 2 mega crates. Is that worth all the effort?

• Like 2