Jinan versus Balao

Frostbow

A one-on-one fight between a DWT-armed light cruiser and a lethal submarine. (And some interesting in-game chat, courtesy of the enemy team. 😄)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8iGInNxpb8

It has been quite a long while since the last time I played the Jinan in Random Battles, and I have been sparsely playing Random Battles since Personal Challenges in Update 12.9 arrived as I did it all in Co-op and Operations. I decided to play the Jinan again, after seeing a post here on the forum equating the Pan-Asian light cruiser to the Smolensk.

I spawned near A, but the presence of the enemy Des Moines, supported by the aggressive enemy DD and submarine—on top of a CV—made any push very difficult. DDs are immune to Jinan's DWTs, and their enemy DD was playing it smart, giving his team early warning for the DWTs I launched to deny them control of A. After 13 minutes of trading ships and HP, all that was left near A was my Jinan and the enemy Balao.

And it was time to sink the submarine.

• Like 2

Not hard to avoid homing torps in maneuverable ship. I hope for some buffs to subs, currently they are pretty weak

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

That was some serious tail wiggling. WP. 

Thanks! 

That last torpedo salvo from the Balao nearly destroyed my ship. Good thing the brakes worked. 😅

On 11/2/2023 at 9:40 AM, Frostbow said:

And it was time to sink the submarine.

Yeeehaa... nice moves bro!  🤪

• Thanks 1