French DDs and the Filth

majmac

It has been referenced on the web for a while, but Flamu finally published a video of it.

Note, his team was penalized for killing the CV too quickly.

Normal WG doing WG things...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

Flamu makes a video so it must be truth. 
They couldn’t put it on the internet if it wasn’t true right?

Did you watch it? You only need to see the first five minutes and you will see the DD stops losing HP.

Your prejudice is blinding you.

When I played the Mog last week in this mode, I noticed that, after a while, my Mog stopped bleeding HP when I was out of the circle. I went back into the circle and thought no more about it. But then this started popping up around various discussions over the past week.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, majmac said:

Did you watch it? You only need to see the first five minutes and you will see the DD stops losing HP.

Your prejudice is blinding you.

When I played the Mog last week in this mode, I noticed that, after a while, my Mog stopped bleeding HP when I was out of the circle. I went back into the circle and thought no more about it. But then this started popping up around various discussions over the past week.

Not surprised at all these days. It is so typical WG MO. Just cram some new stuff into the game with ZERO testing, and if it wasn't for him who shouldn't be mentioned by name (Not Voldemort ... Flamu) because some people in here seems to have an episode when hearing his name for some strange reason, there wouldn't be ANY testing of this game at all.

So again, WG just had some spaghetti coding, or just couldn't be bothered, to realize their own French saturation mechanic broke their own Halloween mode. And again, its Flamu and his viewers that find and expose their shortcomings. 

I sometimes wonder how much better the majority of the playerbase at high tiers would be if they actually went thru and watched all of Flamu´s player analysis videos. But probably just better to scream like an infant and hold over your ears and continue to sail away from all objectives and/or die 4 min into each game. Because its "cool" to hate on Flamu........

I really can't stand Flamus personality myself, never watch his streams, but I don't question his skill level, experience in playing this game or his ability to find flaws/new bugs in this game. My brain is capable of separating these things.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Bored 1

3 hours ago, Type_93 said:

Flamu makes a video so it must be truth. 
They couldn’t put it on the internet if it wasn’t true right?

Time to take a shot!

The Flamu drinking game is awesome.

FYI, for those who don't know...you take a shot every time someone gets unreasonably riled at the mere mention of flamu.

Fastest way to get drunk while consuming WG social media.

😉

• Like 1

That guy makes his money off lemmings who love to hate on WG. I’m not mad at him, hell, it’s a great way to keep streaming. Not surprised at all the WG haters club flocks to his and a couple of others streams. You guys might as well be watching South Park. IMG_4341.jpeg.e6f77ce1bc91079a5b31176b38dea61a.jpeg

Edited by Type_93

6 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

That guy makes his money off lemmings who love to hate on WG. I’m not mad at him, hell, it’s a great way to keep streaming. Not surprised at all the WG haters club flocks to his and a couple of others streams. You guys might as well be watching South Park. IMG_4341.jpeg.e6f77ce1bc91079a5b31176b38dea61a.jpeg

Another shot!

😄

• Like 1

I was wondering why @Volron was sailing their Mogodor in the Filth, last night, while we were in a division together.
I was thinking "What the F<bleep> is he/she doing?"  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I was wondering why @Volron was sailing their Mogodor in the Filth, last night, while we were in a division together.
I was thinking "What the F<bleep> is he/she doing?"  😄 

I was doina a thinga!!! Smile_playing.gif.a6c958c121c06bdb09497f61b74f9620.gif

• Haha 2

Embrace the meme, right?

It's a silly, for fun game mode event.

I'm not to worried about whether it works perfectly or not...

Is it fun?

7 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Just cram some new stuff into the game with ZERO testing

thank you for your insight and absolute knowledge of events

• Bored 1

1 hour ago, Dareios said:

Was I wrong?

8 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Time to take a shot!

The Flamu drinking game is awesome.

FYI, for those who don't know...you take a shot every time someone gets unreasonably riled at the mere mention of flamu.

Fastest way to get drunk while consuming WG social media.

😉

Lol we could do this on the forums but make it every time you down vote someone you have to do a shot. 

@Type_93

Um, in this case it is actually true.  I tested it myself even before I knew of Flamu's video, so....

@majmac

You will only lose 3k HP in the filth (if you enter at full hp and not take damage prior), this I've noted having used her more than a few times now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Was I wrong?

Zero testing may be an exaggeration, but your point overall is correct. The test server population is so low that any data gathered from there is barely statistically significant, and approaches uselessness. You can sense the desperation, WG keeps upping the rewards for installing PTS, but I have a feeling few are taking the bait. 

Which explains why there are bugs and glitches upon the rollout of every update. Also is likely the reason WG takes so long to balance new ships, they need to wait and observe ship performance on the live server to enact any changes. I actually agree with this approach to balancing, so no complaints from me. Of course it would be nice if the timeframe was shortened, but I have plenty of patience if it is done properly in the end. 

Also, this video is 100% truth. I saw it the other day, when a Jager and Rupprecht combo farmed the CV so quickly our team lost the star.

To the anti-Flamu crowd: maybe one should actually play the operation to verify the facts before accusing someone of spreading "Fake News"?

Edited by NMA101

5 minutes ago, NMA101 said:

Zero testing may be an exaggeration, but your point overall is correct. The test server population is so low that any data gathered from there is barely statistically significant, and approaches uselessness. You can sense the desperation, WG keeps upping the rewards for installing PTS, but I have a feeling few are taking the bait. 

Which explains why there are bugs and glitches upon the rollout of every update. Also is likely the reason WG takes so long to balance new ships, they need to wait and observe ship performance on the live server to enact any changes. (OR WATCH FLAMUS TEST VIDEOS!!) 

Also, this video is 100% truth. I saw it the other day, when a Jager and Rupprecht combo farmed the CV so quickly our team lost the star. Maybe one should actually play the operation to verify the facts before accusing someone of spreading "Fake News"?

Ma dude ...... FFS! Am I in the wrong thread or are you?! Are you seriously a WG employee hiding in this forum?? This isn't a "Test server" this is the LIVE Halloween event!!

You put the blame on "the playerbase" for WG fookin this up and not testing their own BS game mode?? Seriously!!? So its ALL OUR fault that WE DONT TEST WGs BS PRODUCT enough for them to release a good product?! How about its their FOOOKIN product and GAME and they should test Shit (like Sus and CVs ... and Halloween events) before pushing it into LIVE?!?!

Im not really sure whos side youre on when you flip in the end to "Fake news" but Flamus videos is straight on .... (as usual ... for those triggered by it...) 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dareios said:

And thank you for your zero insight and absolute Zero knowledge of events! Im guessing Flamu hacked the game and showing something that is 100% "Fake news"?

Cool!

WG is considering youre CC status as we speak!

31 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Lol we could do this on the forums but make it every time you down vote someone you have to do a shot. 

😄

23 minutes ago, NMA101 said:

Which explains why there are bugs and glitches upon the rollout of every update. Also is likely the reason WG takes so long to balance new ships, they need to wait and observe ship performance on the live server to enact any changes. I actually agree with this approach to balancing, so no complaints from me. Of course it would be nice if the timeframe was shortened, but I have plenty of patience if it is done properly in the end. 

Also, this video is 100% truth. I saw it the other day, when a Jager and Rupprecht combo farmed the CV so quickly our team lost the star. Maybe one should actually play the operation to verify the facts before accusing someone of spreading "Fake News"?

The rewards for PTS testing have been too low for a long time now...

1 hour ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Ma dude ...... FFS! Am I in the wrong thread or are you?! Are you seriously a WG employee hiding in this forum?? This isn't a "Test server" this is the LIVE Halloween event!!

You put the blame on "the playerbase" for WG fookin this up and not testing their own BS game mode?? Seriously!!? So its ALL OUR fault that WE DONT TEST WGs BS PRODUCT enough for them to release a good product?! How about its their FOOOKIN product and GAME and they should test Shit (like Sus and CVs ... and Halloween events) before pushing it into LIVE?!?!

Im not really sure whos side youre on when you flip in the end to "Fake news" but Flamus videos is straight on .... (as usual ... for those triggered by it...) 😁

My friend, I think you have the wrong target!

I am firmly in the anti-WG camp, you can check my comment history if you want. Furthest thing from being a WG employee, would never want to work there. I even upvoted your original comment above. 

I was not blaming the player base, if anything I was trying to illustrate that WG depends too much on their PTS for their decision-making, when it is in fact unreliable. And as Daniel points out, the rewards for PTS may be too low for anyone to bother. So yes, I agree it is WG fault. 

My final sentence was directed towards the defending-WG-at-all-costs crowd, where they claim Flamu spreads "fake news". I obviously disagree with the shills, the facts are 100% correct, as I noted. 

I apologize if my writing style caused anyone to interpret the meaning the wrong way. I edited the original comment to make it more clear. 

Edited by NMA101
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NMA101 said:

The test server population is so low that any data gathered from there is barely statistically significant, and approaches uselessness. You can sense the desperation, WG keeps upping the rewards for installing PTS, but I have a feeling few are taking the bait. 

I used to play in the PTS, but eventually I uninstalled it. The 'increased rewards' are still so meager they are simply not worth the time and energy. 

I like the fact that the test server population remain abysmally low. I find it to be a clear indication that players are generally not wasting their time serving WG.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Volron said:

@Type_93

Um, in this case it is actually true.  I tested it myself even before I knew of Flamu's video, so....

@majmac

You will only lose 3k HP in the filth (if you enter at full hp and not take damage prior), this I've noted having used her more than a few times now.

Well, I dun goofed.  You lose 7k HP, not 3k.  You'll drop down to 13200, not 17200.  This is without SE mind you.  I do not know what one will sit at if you have SE on her Captain.  Was practically pretty tired when I made my original post. Smile_facepalm.gif.9d56cd7869a77f6f952b545ffbfee849.gif

Edited by Volron

On 11/2/2023 at 8:20 AM, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Was I wrong?

yes.

which is what I would expect from someone with exactly ZERO games EVER played in the HISTORY of the GAME. AT ALL.

(I can hyperbole too).