Worst loss ever

SoshiSone

We had it won.  It was close.  But we had it.  Red way up on points and close to 1000.  But only one DD to kill and the CV had it spotted.  I was in lead (Vangauard) running HE.  Only one shell would kill it. Long distance. But along with friendlies (also firing), we had him.

I swing port to get my two aft turrets on the target....and....presented broadside just in time for torps to arrive.  Ooops.  Combed a few, but not enough..and I was already at 30%...Premptively hit T and R...but not enough.  My demise put the red points at 1000 for the win.  And off in the distance... a DD at less than 5% health.

Man, I was pissed.   All on ME.  Lost it for the team.  Perhaps the only saving grace is not enough time to receive the (deserved) what an idiot comments in chat.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Ouch, that one stings. Bad timing on you and very lucky torps on the DD, I don't think it was a clear misplay... sometimes torps happen to be in the way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoshiSone said:

We had it won.  It was close.  But we had it.  Red way up on points and close to 1000.  But only one DD to kill and the CV had it spotted.  I was in lead (Vangauard) running HE.  Only one shell would kill it. Long distance. But along with friendlies (also firing), we had him.

I swing port to get my two aft turrets on the target....and....presented broadside just in time for torps to arrive.  Ooops.  Combed a few, but not enough..and I was already at 30%...Premptively hit T and R...but not enough.  My demise put the red points at 1000 for the win.  And off in the distance... a DD at less than 5% health.

Man, I was pissed.   All on ME.  Lost it for the team.  Perhaps the only saving grace is not enough time to receive the (deserved) what an idiot comments in chat.

I would suspect that all of us that play this game, PVP or PVE, have had a "whoopsie-daisy" moment and that "did I do that>?" moment....

Have faith, it will happen again !  Such is our lot in life.....

• Like 2

I've been in a battle where our team reached 999 points... and lost. That's what really is called snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.