Is There A Way To Bring Back Sound FXs of 12.6?

Frostbow

Sound effects are essential, and while the style is always a matter of taste, I have been wondering if it is possible to bring it back to how it was in Update 12.6?

The current sound effects are strong in lows and highs, but I find them too thin when it comes to mids.

Yes, there are some notable improvements in the current update, such as the cinematic like feel of background battle-related sounds. However, I still prefer the ones in the previous update as they sound evenly balanced.

I'm just glad my Commander's voices have improved, especially the problematic ones like Ashley Violet.

I imagine there are ways to improve sound quality, either in the game programming or on the output side of things if you have the proper equipment.

I use a laptop computer with headphones and my Wife and I are often both in the living room while she watches television. 
Thus, my options are limited to experimenting with the in-game settings menus.

2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm just glad my Commander's voices have improved, especially the problematic ones like Ashley Violet.

I imagine there are ways to improve sound quality, either in the game programming or on the output side of things if you have the proper equipment.

I use a laptop computer with headphones and my Wife and I are often both in the living room while she watches television. 
Thus, my options are limited to experimenting with the in-game settings menus.

I've been playing with the in-game sound settings a little at a time.  Still have not found that "sweet spot" that I prefer.

As with any change it took a while to get used to I didnt really like it at first. However by nights end I was ok with it and even enjoyed some apects of the new audio. There are a few jarring sounds that took a while to get used to. All in all I found it to be pretty cool time will tell whether I mess with the settings. Visuals get an A+ as usual though. 

The new sound effects especially the distant sounds such gunshots or ships exploding are really nice, but the sound effects of the shell impacting the ship is really weird.

• Like 1

I haven't seen a single upgrade over the sound from last patch. In fact everything is a downgrade:

-Sound balance is not there.

-Sound quality is extremely low, even on Ultra.

-The sounds selected are weird.

And a lot of other people see it in a similar vein that has nothing to do with the sounds being changed.

14 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I haven't seen a single upgrade over the sound from last patch. In fact everything is a downgrade:

-Sound balance is not there.

-Sound quality is extremely low, even on Ultra.

-The sounds selected are weird.

And a lot of other people see it in a similar vein that has nothing to do with the sounds being changed.

To be fair to WG, I tried using better headphones, and I can hear even more improvements and subtleties. 

However, there are new sounds that I dislike because they sound weird and out of place. 

2 hours ago, HogHammer said:

I've been playing with the in-game sound settings a little at a time.  Still have not found that "sweet spot" that I prefer.

How different are the Ultra and High settings and do they impact performance at all?

1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

To be fair to WG, I tried using better headphones, and I can hear even more improvements and subtleties. 

However, there are new sounds that I dislike because they sound weird and out of place. 

I'm using Logitech G432 headphones. They are quite decent for gaming and I never had any issues with the sound in any game I played.

Hell I had 0 issues before the patch dropped.

Now it's farts through a bass boosted tuba and fireworks recorded on a toilet.

22 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I'm using Logitech G432 headphones. They are quite decent for gaming and I never had any issues with the sound in any game I played.

Hell I had 0 issues before the patch dropped.

You know how it goes in the normal world, if it isn't broken, don't fix it. In WG's thinking, if it isn't broken, bork it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Aragathor said:

😄

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...