Weekend Spree, 27 to 29 October 2023

Ensign Cthulhu

Finished the Battle Pass, finished the collection for the Yumihari camo, grabbed the Econ Booster for the Yumihari. The regrind through Nagato in order to unlock her continues. 

Continuing my slow-train, 5000 a day grind through the Duncan and loving it. 

Reset and FXP'd through the IJN gunboats again to cash in a double reset on Minekaze & Harugumo and a 6X reset on the T6-9 to grab the Druid. Early days yet, but she's an interesting ship and initial games have been fun. Found that one of my 21 pointers had NEVER been specced for destroyers and took firm advantage of this.

Thought about the Lushun, figured I don't really need her.

• Like 2

My Wife and I just finished a back-to-back viewing of "The Caine Mutiny Court-Martial" and The Caine Mutiny"
Viewing the 2023 movie inspired us to view the 1954 movie for comparision.  
Bottom line?  Both movies are interesting and entertaining.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt24249946/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046816/

Yesterday I mowed our lawn with both a push mower (for the tight spaces and difficult slopes) and a riding mower.
Likely it will be the last mowing of the year. 
Might need to clean-up some more leaves, again, before the first snow falls, though.  Some trees haven't shed their leaves, yet.
Soon it will be time to perform an annual maintenance on my snow-blower.

I've been playing a fair amount over the weekend, too, and have been fortunate to be in divisions with @Lord_Zath and @Volron and @lordholland4293.

I've posted in various forum topics, as well.

With the deadline approaching for the old forums, I visited several posts.  I can't save everything, but I did preserve a few.
Gosh, I'm simply "glad it happened" and I joined a community that continues to thrive here.
What we have shared together is special and I treasure the experience.  DrinkingWolfKampai_facebooksticker_saved_08-10-2022_.jpg.0377579576815b619e5af96bb3539fd8.jpgThanks_WorldofWarships_trophy-icon_03-23-2022_.jpg.bb4c52f25df0c4ff271b0e3fbd18a77a.jpg

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, I was supposed to be at a Winter Rondevouz Friday through Sunday:   BUT......the weather completely closed that down. 

So, I played RO's, finished everything I know about and just got off playing RO's again. 

And, twitched out everything from today's KOTS;  whatever,  it is.....  Other than that; putting everything away from a missed outing;  reloaded some 7.62x39 to test when we decided to be in the Fall not Winter.  I found a bullet mold I competently forgot about and I'll be casting tomorrow if it warms up.  And, test that ammo as well (a SOCOM adventure with HP lead....! Subsonic TBS) 

And, it's time to do a little Yomping now that it's colder....  My kit weighs 105 pounds with Amor, Armo and Water.  The local constabulary kind of shakes their head and mutters in Tongues if I carry weapons;  so, I just add lead plates to not panic the neighbors.... 

Edited by Asym
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The Caine Mutiny

One of my all-time favorites.  The facial expressions of Bogart in the courtroom tell a story all on their own - you can really feel the emotions.  And Jose Ferrer's role, especially when he interrupts the celebration at the end of the trial - wow!  Just don't make movies like that anymore.

• Like 2

Cleaned up all of the mission chains (Turkish anniversary, Austria/Czech holidays, Voyage to North, IJN BB mosaic.)

Spent some time on the PTS.  Asymmetric Battles seem a lot more non-BB friendly, so that is a big improvement.  In addition, you can now play lower tier ships (down to t6) which was a lot of fun (only did this once as MM had some difficulty assembling a team.)

Edited by HamptonRoads
  • Like 2

I finished off the Dockyard missions on Saturday, though did not buy out the remaining phases to get the ship.

Sunday evening just took out old favorite Mutsuki and got my first Solo Warrior, in a Tier VII Random Battle (red Nicholas the only Tier V besides myself) with CV and sub!

image.thumb.png.fedc68ffd9a7b8c9bd4d5b60248092cd.png

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

just took out old favorite Mutsuki and got my first Solo Warrior, in a Tier VII Random Battle (red Nicholas the only Tier V besides myself) with CV and sub!

Hey, nice! Send that replay to @Lord_Zath; sounds like it's one for the ages. 

Destroyer Kuroshiokai once pointed out that the reason people said F-words about Mutsuki (i.e. "Mut-sucky" and worse) is because in the early days, 

a) Concealment was a FIVE-POINT SKILL, so you needed a 15 point commander to have it.

b) There was no ECXP. If you wanted a 15 pointer, you had to grind him up in that ship (or grind the retraining cost, which nobody wanted to do because nobody wanted to put a 15 point captain back into a ship they'd gratefully left behind). 

38 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Destroyer Kuroshiokai once pointed out that the reason people said F-words about Mutsuki (i.e. "Mut-sucky" and worse) is because in the early days, 

a) Concealment was a FIVE-POINT SKILL, so you needed a 15 point commander to have it.

b) There was no ECXP. If you wanted a 15 pointer, you had to grind him up in that ship (or grind the retraining cost, which nobody wanted to do because nobody wanted to put a 15 point captain back into a ship they'd gratefully left behind). 

And I recall back then, many tech trees were "cramped" to the point of being very illogical in hindsight.

Japanese destroyers were Minekaze-Mutsuki-Hatsuharu-Fubuki-Kagerou-Shimakaze, Soviet destroyers were Gnevny-Ognevoy-Kiev-Udaloi-Tashkent-Khabarovsk, and maybe the most famous one, Omaha-Cleveland-Pensacola (and this was widely considered illogical even by then).

Finished the Battle Pass and earned permacamouflage for Yumihari. Still hesitating on what to do with this worst early access event ever, considering paying for a few bits of cosmetics items for the first time. Played "The Last Voyage of Transylvania", and... while it become indeed an ideal place to have grindings (for researchable ships, credits and even Personal Challenge tasks) on routine difficulty, in purely terms of emotional effects I consider it... inferior to Sunray in the Darkness, in which there do exist an atmosphere of struggling against "a cursed enemy horde" for a difficult cause.

Grabbed that "100th Anniversary of the Republic of Turkey" and fly it on Muavenet.

18 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

this worst early access event ever

On what basis do you make this judgement? 

19 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

and maybe the most famous one, Omaha-Cleveland-Pensacola (and this was widely considered illogical even by then).

At least it was still light-light-heavy, so there was sort of a logical progression. 

I was there for the US cruiser split. I had 500 doubloons that I'd won somehow or other and WG was giving half-price off permacamos, so I bought one for the T6 Cleveland. I had the Cleveland grind finished just before the split occurred, and for my 500 dubs I got a permacamo for the Tier EIGHT Cleveland when she moved and a permacamo for the Pensacola when she dropped down to Tier 6. Best 500 dubs I ever spent. (And because I had Pensacola in port at the time, she got replaced by T7 New Orleans so I never had to grind out the Pensa.)

I wasn't there for the RU or IJN destroyer split, but I do still remember when the IJN gunboat line finished at Tier 8 and there was no Kitakaze or Harugumo. 

Not a thing.  WG Game Center crashed & I still can't login.  At least they are answering my ticket, but still SOL.  At least vacation starts on Wednesday for a couple of weeks! & maybe just maybe I'll be able to play again.

• Sad 1