Lushun Dockyard Missions Summary

Ensign Cthulhu

The following is a condensed, abbreviated and conditional summary of the Lushun dockyard missions, for reference.

I would ask that we confine the discussion to detailing your own progress and/or your strategies for carrying out the missions. Please keep the criticism on-topic and constructive. If there's anything here that's unclear, let me know and I'll clarify.

Lushun dockyard

SBT = Shipbuilding token
Subs are eligible for co-op, randoms and operations only.
All other missions appear to be eligible for all game modes except where explicitly stated, but verify in-game before setting out.
For battle tasks (damage, sinkings, gun hits, etc), operations results will be counted at 50% (they were previously ineligible). 

Where the number of tasks to be performed is in question (i.e. "any six(?) of"), this is because the first stage demanded any six but has 
a reduced number of tasks when compared to the others; the actual number required for the follow-up stages is currently not visible,
and may be higher.  

1. For one SBT, any six of
30K CXP
5 wins (SBT)
Top 5 in six battles (Co-op, random only)
900 ribbons in DD
1100 ribbons in cruisers
800 ribbons in BB
950 ribbons in CV
250 ribbons in sub
1.6 million damage (SBT)
Random/Ranked only - 300 ribbons in one battle

2. For one SBT, any six(?) of
75,000 spotting damage
20 torp  hits or cits
16 million PD (SBT)
1250 main gun ribbons (SBT)
5.2 million Cr in BB
5.2 million Cr in Cruisers
5.2 million Cr in DD
5.2 million Cr in CV
5.2 million Cr in Sub
Random/Ranked only - in 1 battle get 5 achievements.

3. For one SBT, any six(?) of
Get 10 spotted ribbons
Spot 100 torps
Earn 110,000 ship XP (SBT)
Cause 150,000 fire damage (SBT)
In SUBS, get 250 torp hits or flood ribbons
In DD, get 30 defended, captured, assist ribbons
In CRUISERS, get 100 fire or flood ribbons
In BATTLESHIPS, get 1000 main gun hits.
In CV, get 650 bomb or rocket hits

4. For one SBT, any six(?) of
Win 4 battles
Top 5 in 5 battles (co-op, randoms only)
20 defend, capture, assist ribbons (SBT)
30,000 base XP (SBT)
In SUBS, 60,000 flood damage (Random, Co-op, operations only)
In DD, do 450,000 damage with torpedoes
In CRUISERS, receive 21 million PD
IN BB, do 1 million damage with main guns
IN CV, get 1.2 million spotting damage
Random/Ranked only - 180,000 damage in one battle.

5. For one SBT, any six(?) of
25 aircraft shot down (AA or fighters)
1000 any ribbons
350,000 spotting damage (SBT)
1.8 million damage to ships (SBT)
In SUBS earn 150K ship XP (C,R,O only)
IN DD,  earn 150K ship XP
IN cruisers,  earn 150K ship XP
In BB,  earn 150K ship XP
In CV,  earn 150K ship XP
Random/ranked only - 4 kills in 1 battle

6. For one SBT, any six(?) of
10 incapacitations
15 million potential damage
Earn 7.5 million credits (SBT)
Get 100 kills or fires (SBT)
In SUBS deal 1 million damage
In DD, do 1.35 million damage
In CR, do 1.5 million damage
In BB, do 1.8 million damage
In CV, do 2 million damage
Random/Ranked only - 200K damage in one battle

7. For one SBT, any six(?) of
8 defended, captured, assist ribbons
Win 8 battles (SBT)
Get 60 spotted ribbons (SBT)
Earn 200,000 ship XP (SBT)
In SUBS, kill 18 ships
In DD, do 900K damage with main guns or torps
In CR, get 50 kills or torp hits
IN BB, take 40 million PD
In CV, do 1 million torpedo or flood damage
Random/Ranked only - 2400 BXP in one battle

8. For one SBT, any six(?) of
Top 5 in 4 battles (R, C only)
Earn 5 million credits (SBT)
Get 1500 main gun hits (SBT)
Do 2.5 million damage to ships (SBT)
In subs, earn 35,000 BXP
In DD, earn 35,000 BXP
In CR earn 35,000 BXP
In BB earn 35,000 BXP
In CV earn 35,000 BXP
Random/ranked only - 5 kills in one battle (Kraken is not specified because test ships can't win achievements)

9. For one SBT, any six(?) of
Earn 45,000 XP
Get 40 fire or flood ribbons (SBT)
Win 18 battles (SBT)
Cause 2.5 million damage with main guns (SBT)
In SS, get 200 kills or torp hits
In DD, get 100 kills or torp hits
In CR, get 45 kills or cits
In BB, get 50 kills or cits
In CV, get 80 kills or cits
Random/Ranked only - 210K damage in one battle.
Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Thanks 2

I have found the missions in this dockyard far less onerous than expected and most are way easier than a bunch of the crazy ones in the Somme event (talk about some insane and ridiculous tasks). I don't consider this dockyard all that bad overall and even more so because it is a T10 which WG always goes overboard on the task requirements for. Certainly it will take some grind but I just didn't see one where I went OMG have they lost their minds.

The 2X 35K BXP in week 8 seems to be the worst of the entire thing. And while some of the ship specific tasks in the various weeks seem a bit much for a specific ship class we have multiple to pick from and usually 2 of the others are much less work. As said, overall, I don't find this dockyard horrible.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

18 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have found the missions in this dockyard far less onerous than expected and most are way easier than a bunch of the crazy ones in the Somme event (talk about some insane and ridiculous tasks). I don't consider this dockyard all that bad overall and even more so because it is a T10 which WG always goes overboard on the task requirements for. Certainly it will take some grind but I just didn't see one where I went OMG have they lost their minds.

The 2X 35K BXP in week 8 seems to be the worst of the entire thing. And while some of the ship specific tasks in the various weeks seem a bit much for a specific ship class we have multiple to pick from and usually 2 of the others are much less work. As said, overall, I don't find this dockyard horrible.

If only the ship in question was worth picking up.

26 minutes ago, MBT808 said:

If only the ship in question was worth picking up.

And that's the crux of the matter to me. I just don't need a mediocre T10 ship I'm not going to play.

So I'll give it a pass this time.

PS: They also made the camo ugly by making it a grey-blue, instead of the nifty test camo.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

And that's the crux of the matter to me. I just don't need a mediocre T10 ship I'm not going to play.

So I'll give it a pass this time.

But wait! But wait!

What about anniversary supercontainers and  Christmas certificates for every T10?

…oh…waitaminit…

And waitingaminit brings yet one more waitaminit… they’ve made a change…?

Edited by Utt_Bugglier

The ship is interesting, and I have two 21-pointers ready for it.

But as with the last 3 Dockyards, my overall strategy has been to refrain from actively monitoring my progress. I simply do not want to chain myself to dockyard events. I just play to what my heart desires. Sometimes I play in Randoms, with the intent of improving a few selected, but entirely controllable stats. Sometimes I play in Operations to get the 3 containers with the least amount of battles.

If I reach the required number of phases, I'm okay. If not, I'm okay with it too.

Having said that, I think the Combat Missions for the Lüshun Dockyard are way better and easily achievable than those for Somme. 

• Like 1

In subs, earn 35,000 BXP
In DD, earn 35,000 BXP
In CR earn 35,000 BXP
In BB earn 35,000 BXP
In CV earn 35,000 BXP

This is what made me give up.

4 minutes ago, Subtle_Octavian said:
In subs, earn 35,000 BXP
In DD, earn 35,000 BXP
In CR earn 35,000 BXP
In BB earn 35,000 BXP
In CV earn 35,000 BXP

You know you don't need to do all of those, right? Read carefully.

I bought the starter packs to give it a go because I collect ships.  Base XP is a bit high, but it may only take a few games.  I can usually get over a 1000 on a bad DD game and much more on a good one.  In coop, ooof, that would take forever.

Edited by JER1971

7 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

You "only" need to do three of them... two if you can score a metric (poop)ton of BXP in a competitive mode

On 8/18/2023 at 3:36 PM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I don't have the time at all. I wish they would have some lower tier dockyards that are far easier to grind.

Always with the one stinker week. It would be less annoying for these base xp missions to be the last week that you generally get 2 weeks to work them out. 

4 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Always with the one stinker week. It would be less annoying for these base xp missions to be the last week that you generally get 2 weeks to work them out. 

image.thumb.png.eb4e54326d11a8a4eb20a39edfe6e57a.png

We have ten weeks remaining to do eight remaining tasks, assuming you have already finished Part 1. The final phase is combat missions that should be able to be ground out post-haste in co-op, with extensive overlap between type specific and nonspecific. The key will be time management.

On 8/17/2023 at 9:46 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The following is a condensed, abbreviated and conditional summary of the Lushun dockyard missions, for reference.

I would ask that we confine the discussion to detailing your own progress and/or your strategies for carrying out the missions. Please keep the criticism on-topic and constructive. If there's anything here that's unclear, let me know and I'll clarify.

Lushun dockyard

SBT = Shipbuilding token
Subs are eligible for co-op, randoms and operations only.
All other missions appear to be eligible for all game modes except where explicitly stated, but verify in-game before setting out.
For battle tasks (damage, sinkings, gun hits, etc), operations results will be counted at 50% (they were previously ineligible). 

Where the number of tasks to be performed is in question (i.e. "any six(?) of"), this is because the first stage demanded any six but has 
a reduced number of tasks when compared to the others; the actual number required for the follow-up stages is currently not visible,
and may be higher.  

1. For one SBT, any six of
30K CXP
5 wins (SBT)
Top 5 in six battles (Co-op, random only)
900 ribbons in DD
1100 ribbons in cruisers
800 ribbons in BB
950 ribbons in CV
250 ribbons in sub
1.6 million damage (SBT)
Random/Ranked only - 300 ribbons in one battle

2. For one SBT, any six(?) of
75,000 spotting damage
20 torp  hits or cits
16 million PD (SBT)
1250 main gun ribbons (SBT)
5.2 million Cr in BB
5.2 million Cr in Cruisers
5.2 million Cr in DD
5.2 million Cr in CV
5.2 million Cr in Sub
Random/Ranked only - in 1 battle get 5 achievements.

3. For one SBT, any six(?) of
Get 10 spotted ribbons
Spot 100 torps
Earn 110,000 ship XP (SBT)
Cause 150,000 fire damage (SBT)
In SUBS, get 250 torp hits or flood ribbons
In CRUISERS, get 100 fire or flood ribbons
In BATTLESHIPS, get 1000 main gun hits.
In CV, get 650 bomb or rocket hits

4. For one SBT, any six(?) of
Win 4 battles
Top 5 in 5 battles (co-op, randoms only)
20 defend, capture, assist ribbons (SBT)
30,000 base XP (SBT)
In SUBS, 60,000 flood damage (Random, Co-op, operations only)
In DD, do 450,000 damage with torpedoes
In CRUISERS, receive 21 million PD
IN BB, do 1 million damage with main guns
IN CV, get 1.2 million spotting damage
Random/Ranked only - 180,000 damage in one battle.

5. For one SBT, any six(?) of
25 aircraft shot down (AA or fighters)
1000 any ribbons
350,000 spotting damage (SBT)
1.8 million damage to ships (SBT)
In SUBS earn 150K ship XP (C,R,O only)
IN DD,  earn 150K ship XP
IN cruisers,  earn 150K ship XP
In BB,  earn 150K ship XP
In CV,  earn 150K ship XP
Random/ranked only - 4 kills in 1 battle

6. For one SBT, any six(?) of
10 incapacitations
15 million potential damage
Earn 7.5 million credits (SBT)
Get 100 kills or fires (SBT)
In SUBS deal 1 million damage
In DD, do 1.35 million damage
In CR, do 1.5 million damage
In BB, do 1.8 million damage
In CV, do 2 million damage
Random/Ranked only - 200K damage in one battle

7. For one SBT, any six(?) of
8 defended, captured, assist ribbons
Win 8 battles (SBT)
Get 60 spotted ribbons (SBT)
Earn 200,000 ship XP (SBT)
In SUBS, kill 18 ships
In DD, do 900K damage with main guns or torps
In CR, get 50 kills or torp hits
IN BB, take 40 million PD
In CV, do 1 million torpedo or flood damage
Random/Ranked only - 2400 BXP in one battle

8. For one SBT, any six(?) of
Top 5 in 4 battles (R, C only)
Earn 5 million credits (SBT)
Get 1500 main gun hits (SBT)
Do 2.5 million damage to ships (SBT)
In subs, earn 35,000 BXP
In DD, earn 35,000 BXP
In CR earn 35,000 BXP
In BB earn 35,000 BXP
In CV earn 35,000 BXP
Random/ranked only - 5 kills in one battle (Kraken is not specified because test ships can't win achievements)

9. For one SBT, any six(?) of
Earn 45,000 XP
Get 40 fire or flood ribbons (SBT)
Win 18 battles (SBT)
Cause 2.5 million damage with main guns (SBT)
In SS, get 200 kills or torp hits
In DD, get 100 kills or torp hits
In CR, get 45 kills or cits
In BB, get 50 kills or cits
In CV, get 80 kills or cits
Random/Ranked only - 210K damage in one battle.

Edited by HogHammer

20 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

You appear to have misquoted me in your second quote bar. I never said that. 

Please edit.  (Fixed/HogHammer)

Edited by HogHammer

On 8/18/2023 at 12:31 PM, Subtle_Octavian said:
In subs, earn 35,000 BXP
In DD, earn 35,000 BXP
In CR earn 35,000 BXP
In BB earn 35,000 BXP
In CV earn 35,000 BXP

In stage/week 8 where those tasks come in you only need to do 1, or 2 max, of them to finish the stage/week. They aren't building phase tasks so none of them are mandatory in that regard. You need to do 6 tasks to complete the stage/week. There are 3 that give the building phases you have to do (or why bother) and then you have 7 others to choose from (including a very easy place top 5 4X (and Co-op counts). So doing the 3 that give building phases + the super easy top 5 4X means you only have to do 2 of the 35K BXP tasks -OR- just 1 of them if you are able to get a Kraken in PVP which is the other optional task.

70K BXP is a lot but it is doable. That group is probably the worst overall of the entire event. The final stage/week usually gives us 2 weeks to do it so even if you ran a little over getting stage/week 8 done you should still be ok as the final stage/week is not bad at all really.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

• 2 weeks later...

For the cap ribbons, may I suggest Somme/Jutland in brawls? Z-46 may work even better if you can get her aft-weighted armament properly to bear, as her hydro has a longer reach. Do not bring ships with deepwater torpedoes if you can help it, as you may find yourself facing majority (2/3) destroyers. 

Position well and get a BB/cruiser heavy team, and you can potentially farm huge numbers of cap ribbons.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu

I pay attention to Dockyards to the extent that I want one of the 'lessor' rewards.

In this case I'm working to reach level 20 and get the two weeks premium time, because I like premium time :D

The current set of missions I'm wading through (3. The making of a Navy) is going fairly well except for one mission which I had actually expected to be pretty easy:

Why is it taking so long? Because I keep getting put into ARMS RACE matches! facepalmsmiley.gif.d02e15f10405ff5af5cdaeadf7862677.gif

Ah well ... soldier on (or sailor on if you must)

3 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

The current set of missions I'm wading through (3. The making of a Navy) is going fairly well except for one mission which I had actually expected to be pretty easy:

co-op, Tier 5 Destroyer, wait outside a cap for the red bots to go in.  It helps if you get a team with plenty of bots on your side, be even without that I find low tier Co-op the place to do that missions.

Ditto for 'get citadels' missions. Even something with average AP (destroyers) can get citadels on Tier 4/5/6 bot cruisers at close range, and vs bots it's not hard to get there 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

question is 

is the Lushun worth it ?

That's a question for the individual. I provide a mission list and advice; the rest is up to you. 

For the record, I don't see a place for her in my fleet as the niche of premium Pan-Asian DD is already sufficiently filled - but the same may not apply to you. 

1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

question is 

is the Lushun worth it ?

A clan mate went the Full Montey and played the ship yesterday in COOP....  OK, was all he could say.  We aren't experts at play and mostly, PVE mains (with occasional dabbles in to Clan Battles) so we aren't the experts when it comes to PVP.

Most of the rest of us simply aren't participating in the Dockyard as a spending real money level - just playing for the free stuff.  If we gain a ship at the end, OK - if not, it makes no difference anymore.  We gave up caring and spending two + years ago.

8 minutes ago, Asym said:

A clan mate went the Full Montey and played the ship yesterday in COOP....  OK, was all he could say.  We aren't experts at play and mostly, PVE mains (with occasional dabbles in to Clan Battles) so we aren't the experts when it comes to PVP.

Most of the rest of us simply aren't participating in the Dockyard as a spending real money level - just playing for the free stuff.  If we gain a ship at the end, OK - if not, it makes no difference anymore.  We gave up caring and spending two + years ago.

to me looks and plays like Neustrashmy

18 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

to me looks and plays like Neustrashmy

It's like the relationship between Siegfried and Sevastopol. Similiar but different.

Lushun is more gun focused than her Soviet sister and has access to a (though possibly not recommended) double range build.

A problem for present seems that, she has some potential for destroyer knifefight, torpedo attack and long range build but also sub-optimal at either. Too slow comparing with Soviet and French gunboat DLs and being nerfed regarding DPM and concealment just before release, while for the curical role of a Tier X destroyer, "contester but worse than Marceau/Smaland" isn't a very good position.

For players from China though the ship herself (an Ersatz Luda, anyway with not bad performance and close enough with the historical ship) and how the missiond marathon episodes are named are gorgeous, or at least showing how WG is willing to please this section of the playerbase. Though their effort has been sabotaged by themselves for a few times, from a dim-witted staff mentioning her namesake region's colonial past at her original introduction to her release happened amid the quarrels over global price rise and the 8th Anniversary.

• Haha 1