The Temple of Pets

Lert

Find here, deep within the jungles of the Devstrike forum, the legendary Temple of Pets.

8BabTCh.jpg

A safe place for people to post their pets. Post pictures, tell us about them, and go awwwww 😍 at the pets other people post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll start.

Meet Freya.

bjYuViU.jpg

She's eight and a half years old now.

rwy4lCm.jpg

I got her when she was only 7 months:

9LdDchO.jpg

Edited by Lert
  • Like 5

20190816_201239.thumb.jpg.da6894395d185d71a2c5f812a6b67758.jpg

Here's Neo.  We got him in October 2017 from the local shelter at about 4-5 months old.  He and his brother were dumped on the side of a highway when they were only a few days old.

20230727_085519.thumb.jpg.87c734ac6431a844e62b615bfb683d38.jpg

This goofball is Bear.  He came to us in January 2022 from another shelter, who pulled him and about a dozen other dogs from a hoarder's house.  He is about 2 years old now.

20220406_192319.thumb.jpg.79130049afd13d1cf84c761bbd2bfc35.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, hocus4957 said:

Worst dog I ever had...

honey_badger_02.jpg

My first duty station after training was in the UK.  There was a badger that lived in the Munitions Storage Area and he was fat and happy since the local birds nested inside the MSA to be safe from predators.  He had the whole buffet to himself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/17/2023 at 8:40 PM, rufus374 said:

He had the whole buffet to himself.

It even delivered itself to him!

We've always had at least one dog in the house, currently our Finnigan is our lonely chap

image.thumb.jpeg.4e86569674d197ada6548ac99a55e9da.jpeg

Sadly we lost his buddy Oscar a couple of months ago, he was a venerable old man but had his weaknesses... his bread bin raids were legendary.

image.thumb.jpeg.42768a2c3522598b8023106da541ce57.jpeg

His buddy was Milo, and he took the long trek about 3 years ago

image.thumb.jpeg.beb998d7bb52c1bc4be40239e0e0f8fa.jpeg

Milo was perhaps the most outrageously photogenic dog we've ever had, he was a little OCD though. The slightest change in the furniture layout of the house caused him to get very agitated.

It may seem sad for me to talk about all of these pets who have passed, but I celebrate their lives and the fact that they enriched my life and I hope I enriched theirs. They were, and are, all good boys.

• Like 5

My Wife and I welcomed Ferrets into our home a little over 5 years ago.
We follow a few facebook pages devoted to Ferrets.
I have learned a lot about "The Rainbow Bridge" as a part of our journey. 
Sometimes it overwhelms me, shedding tears for the cute and brave companions whose pictures are shared with love during the happy times and the mourning times.

Our ferrets' names are "Thor", "Loki", "Freya" and "Lady Sif".
https://www.devstrike.net/topic/315-pets/?do=findComment&comment=4512

Copied/pasted from another topic into this topic.

• Like 2

Here is our 5 year old cavoodle Mia.

She is very affectionate but also dominant. We faithfully do her bidding.

Mia on me 12-2019.jpg

Edited by Bumblegoose
typo
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2023 at 10:09 PM, FltCaptAlan said:

The Infamous "Fuzzy First Officer" as I like to call him, in his favorite spot

image.png

Least he's not ON your keyboard.  Mine will either lay right on the keyboard, and/or she'll us my mouse as a pillow.  She tends to get bite-y when I try to keep playing...

Love her none-the-less! Smile_veryhappy.gif.0e8d9f242866cb0a7c73df1b523dbc30.gif

Edited by Volron
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Today being a Sunday, it is my cooking day so I put together a tomato, beef and rice soup. Very tasty, even Finnigan thought so

99adf498564e05e60a6d7ed5a0a2e65c.png

Hence the red beard.

Edited by Efros
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Efros said:

Today being a Sunday, it is my cooking day so I put together a tomato, beef and rice soup. Very tasty, even Finnigan thought so

99adf498564e05e60a6d7ed5a0a2e65c.png

Hence the red beard.

1407012_4.jpg?v=1574269764&f=1&nofb=1&ip

1e74545f-6766-4b52-ab10-52e85e0f98fd.jpg

• Like 4

On 3/11/2024 at 5:55 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

My Wife and I finished some projects intended to keep our Ferrets entertained and healthy.

I was owned by seven ferrets so long ago it seems like a different life–they all had names based on the Ranma 1/2 series and Anne McCaffrey's Pern novels. I also volunteered at a local ferret shelter/breeder and got to know scores of the little carpet sharks. For the ones in my household, I built a large enclosure out of wood–took up half a bedroom–for them and inside built a crazy city out of cardboard–tunnels, buildings, all kinds of hiding places. I let them out at times, too, in ferret-proofed areas. They are certainly fun, very playful critters. I cannot forget that sound they make: "Dook-dook-dook!"

These days the home is a little bit quieter. After a five-year break from pets, we got a one-year-old cat last December. Her name is Emmy Emerald Ember. Triple-E, Ems, Emmy Longstocking, whatever works at a particular moment. This is what happens when you name by committee and people could not quite agree. The Emerald is for the British Cruiser–my Son and I wanted that one (she also has greenish eyes), but we had to agree that Ember really works for her colouration. Anyway, she is a very vocal cat–lets you know she is around. Likes to be where the people are at, and quite playful. More than once she has jumped in front of the screen during a WoWs game–and has batted at the keyboard!

She sleeps in the funniest places at times. In the photo, she is on a plastic storage container that is stacked on top of one other. It is a bit wobbly, but she is delicate enough in her jumps to keep the bins in place. There is only one sheet of paper for cushioning (we have a blanket there now). Chair backs, the refrigerator top, whatever catches her fancy is a good place to rest.

-best

EmmyEmeraldEmber_20240207_18in_72dpi.jpg

Edited by RedLimitFreeway
  • Like 5

• 3 months later...

Finnigan giving me the side eye for some reason.

c6611b95ef941f84341d8cefa47ed13b.jpg

• Like 2