So is the Modstation borked again or are they actually holding the updates for it back for the EU this time?

Zaydin

Title. Given the time when they claim that the Modstation will be updated keeps changing to be exactly 24 hours from when I checked my initial gut instinct is that they fiddlesticked again and I'll have to redownload/reinstall it. Says something about how inept WG has been last few updates that I'm not sure if they are just holding the update back or if they broke the modstation again.

• Thanks 1

EU update is one day later than NA. Otherwise Idk, I use Aslain's Modpack. Alqays on time and updated.

Yep, if WG has anything to do with it, there will be problems. Like with the trade-in of rental ships earlier.

@Zaydin 

There were a number of mod discussions on the "old" forums, so this is my distillation:: my understanding is that Modstation is actually a volunteer team that doesn't get access to the codebase. as a result when a new version is issued they need to run unit tests, see what broke and figure out how to implement (or re-implement) based on the changes. I think that there is also a cross chack back with WG (since it's the "official" mods) to make sure that the system is "compliant" before it is released. This is why Modstation generally lags by up to a week after a major update. Aslains is not an "official" product, so they can probably be a bit more agile. 

30 minutes ago, SureBridge said:

@Zaydin 

There were a number of mod discussions on the "old" forums, so this is my distillation:: my understanding is that Modstation is actually a volunteer team that doesn't get access to the codebase. as a result when a new version is issued they need to run unit tests, see what broke and figure out how to implement (or re-implement) based on the changes. I think that there is also a cross chack back with WG (since it's the "official" mods) to make sure that the system is "compliant" before it is released. This is why Modstation generally lags by up to a week after a major update. Aslains is not an "official" product, so they can probably be a bit more agile. 

Just reinstall and it works fine I did it this morning. Seems like we are going to have to reinstall after every patch for a while but it's simple. 

1 hour ago, clammboy said:

Just reinstall and it works fine I did it this morning. Seems like we are going to have to reinstall after every patch for a while but it's simple. 

I did uninstall and reinstall it and it still doesn't work so either it didn't work or the update isn't out yet. It's hard to tell with WG these days.

Btw actually the mods need to be updated by their authors, not Wargambling. Wargambling  are merely admins in this. And with the oficial forums gone..... 

@Zaydin Holy cow! Borked is one of my favorite adjectives (or maybe verb! I was never very good in English class). I thought I was the only person I knew who used it. +1!

My Modstation updated and I reinstalled the selection normally. Then again, I was doing this on ASIA so I don't know if things are different on EU.

5 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

My Modstation updated and I reinstalled the selection normally. Then again, I was doing this on ASIA so I don't know if things are different on EU.

Worked okay for me on NA server this morning.  No problems.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Works fine on EU too, at least it did for me when I updated 4 hours ago.

• Like 1

I thought it sth wrong with my network, you know, it's difficult to connect to the game server from China. I must set my network correctly and press the "retry" button before they are successfully reinstalled.

Thank you for letting me know that this does not happen in China only.

And don't you guys think the rule that all add-ons must be reinstalled when a new game version is released, is so stupid?

Edited by znfil