Embarrassed Tiger

SoshiSone

So...an i56 Challenged my mighty Tiger 59 to a gun duel.

Although I won, the per round damage goes to...the SUB!!!!!!

Even more embarrassing is that after those 36 hits on the sub, it took a DC to finish him.

TigervsSub.thumb.jpg.40d136c0f6b6e63d83d368adbd4e3558.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SoshiSone said:

So...an i56 Challenged my mighty Tiger 59 to a gun duel.

Although I won, the per round damage goes to...the SUB!!!!!!

Even more embarrassing is that after those 36 hits on the sub, it took a DC to finish him.

TigervsSub.thumb.jpg.40d136c0f6b6e63d83d368adbd4e3558.jpg

Not at all surprised.... considering Subs get a similar sort of super fast saturation that French DD's get.

....and that's in a addition to the funky water/aiming/splash damage/small target dynamic that makes damaging subs weird to begin with...

I wonder how many millions of dollars Subs have lost WG so far...

36 hits for 12k dmg, lol.

25 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

Not at all surprised.... considering Subs get a similar sort of super fast saturation that French DD's get.

....and that's in a addition to the funky water/aiming/splash damage/small target dynamic that makes damaging subs weird to begin with...

I wonder how many millions of dollars Subs have lost WG so far...

I have given up trying to figure out where I am supposed to aim at a sub.  I figure once the sub market itself is saturated, the rules will change and they will be easier to hit with main guns.

5 hours ago, meatgrindr said:

36 hits for 12k dmg, lol.

I have given up trying to figure out where I am supposed to aim at a sub.  I figure once the sub market itself is saturated, the rules will change and they will be easier to hit with main guns.

I've discovered BB main round HE splash damage is very effective.  I've scored good damage when I otherwise didn't think I got very close.  Demolition expert helps (15% radius bump).  Even long range can get good damage.

In fact, over time, subs have become less effective as players have learned how to handle them.

• Like 2

Tbf, the fact there's a splash mechanic helped you tremendously.

Good luck hitting an angled DD, you'll need it.